Parents Code of Conduct Policy
Eagan Athletic Association provides athletic opportunities for the youth of Eagan. In order to provide a positive environment for participants and their families, all parents are expected to comply with the following Code of Conduct.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules.
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice and or other sporting event.
- I will respect officials and their authority during the game. I will accept the calls made by the officials.
- I will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct with any player, coach, official or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures. I will refrain from posting unfavorable material that targets any EAA coach, EAA official, or EAA league representative on social media. I understand I can be required to leave a game or practice for demonstrating unsportsmanlike behavior and will do so when asked.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or any other participant for making a mistake, or losing a competition.
- I will remember that coaches, coordinators and league officials are volunteers. I will never question, discuss or confront coaches during a game. I will address my concerns to them in an appropriate manner, away from my child and other youth.
- I will ensure that my child will attend all practices and games when possible, and when my child cannot, I will inform the coach in advance.
- I will be prompt in picking up my child from practices and games, or I will verify that someone has responsibility for my child before leaving the child at a practice or game.
- I will demand a sports environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all games.