The Eagan Athletic Association (EAA) seeks to provide the development of the community's youth through athletics. The EAA has created a scholarship program which may provide some financial assistance for need-based families.
Please scroll down for more information on how to apply. For questions about the scholarship process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective on all Fall 2017 registrations and beyond, EAA is implementing changes to the scholarship policy.
Before you apply for scholarships PLEASE READ THE UPDATED POLICY before submitting your requests.
• A custodial parent or legal guardian of a participant who qualifies for the free/reduced lunch program or Department of Health and Human Services Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF Emergency Fund) program may apply for a scholarship for financial assistance of registration fees. You must submit a copy of your qualification letter with your scholarship application. When an applicant is receiving free or reduced lunch, it is evidence of the person’s low income and inability to pay EAA fees.
For guidelines and information on ISD #196's free and reduced lunch program go to: http://www.district196.org/District/Departments/FoodNutrition/
• Eligibility for our scholarship program does not guarantee that you will receive assistance. Funds are limited and will be distributed as available on a discretionary basis to those who qualify.
• FULL Scholarships cover the following program fees: In-House Baseball, In-House Basketball, Cross Country, In-House Flag Football, In-House Spring Indoor (Box) Lacrosse, In-House Soccer, In-House Softball and Fall Fastpitch, In-House Track, In-House Spring and Fall Volleyball, and In-House Wrestling. Scholarship grants will cover all but $25.00 of the published registration fee. The $25.00 participation fee must be paid by the applicant.
• PARTIAL Scholarships apply to the following programs and cover up to the comparable sport fee from the FULL Scholarship list: Tackle Football, Traveling Baseball, Traveling Basketball, In-House Spring Lacrosse, In-House Summer Lacrosse, Traveling Soccer, Traveling Fastpitch, League Only Fastpitch and Traveling Volleyball.
• Recipients must live within the participation boundaries of the EAA.
• Families with children who attend private school may not be eligible for EAA scholarships.
• Scholarships are limited to a maximum of ONE sport per participant per registration period, for a maximum of TWO per participant, per year.
• Scholarships only apply to the sport registration fee. Some sports require volunteer hours and additional fees such as uniforms, tournament fees, camps, clinics, coach fees and fundraising. Scholarship funds will not cover these additional fees or responsibilities. All fees above and beyond the registration fee are the responsibility of the participant. Failure to complete volunteer hours or pay the buyout fee may result in disqualification from the scholarship program for ALL family members. Participants are responsible for reaching out to sport directors to resolve issues, if applicable, in a timely manner. There is no appeal for EAA decisions regarding scholarship eligibility.
• All payments must be made online.
• If online payment is not received by the registration deadline, there is no guarantee that a place will be available for the participant.
• Scholarships will not be granted for registration fees already paid.
• Late or incomplete application submissions may result in participants not being placed on a team.
• Scholarship Applications forms will NOT be accepted during Wait List Registration period or once registration is closed.
• Scholarship funds will be awarded based on the financial need of the applicant and availability of funds.
• EAA will use reasonable care to keep all information confidential.
• If at any time the parent or participant is in violation of the EAA Code of Conduct policy, future scholarship assistance will be affected.
*** All families who qualify for scholarship assistance are required to fulfill their sport volunteer requirements. Failure to complete volunteer hours or pay the buyout fee may result in disqualification from the scholarship program for ALL family members. Participants are responsible for reaching out to sport directors to resolve issues, if applicable, in a timely manner. There is no appeal for EAA decisions regarding scholarship eligibility.
*** It is the participants’ responsibility to understand the requirements of their chosen sport. Please visit the sport website and ensure that you understand all of those requirements.
• To apply for an EAA scholarship, please email your application and qualification letter to: email@example.com or mail to EAA, P.O. Box 211202, Eagan, MN 55121.
*Note the EAA mailbox is checked once per week. If you need expedited service, please email your forms. EAA does not guarantee team placement if forms are received AFTER registration has closed.
• Approval process will be handled by the EAA Operations Manager.
• You will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of your application prior to the start of the season. If a scholarship is granted, you will be given more information on how to register.
• Payment for a PARTIAL scholarship will be due prior to the registration deadline. A participant is not registered until payment, if required, is received.